Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Kate Middleton unlikely to appear publicly this year in sad update

Must read

Kate Middleton’s return to royal duties may be further away than many had hoped, as the Princess of Wales continues her path to recovery from cancer.

A new portrait of Kate Middleton commissioned by ‘Tatler’ magazine has been slammed by the public.

The portrait painted by British-Zambian artist Hannah Uzor was revealed on the cover of Tatler magazine’s July issue just one week after a portrait of King Charles III was unveiled at Buckingham Palace.

Sky News contributor Emily Carver labelled the portrait of the Princess of Wales as “dreadful”.

“The problem with this one is it looks nothing like Princess Catherine,” Ms Carver said.

Kate revealed in an emotional video is March she was undergoing chemotherapy treatment after being diagnosed with cancer.

She said tests confirmed cancer was present after successfully having “major abdominal surgery” earlier in the year.

“We hope that you’ll understand that as a family we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment,” she said in the announcement.

“My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able. But for now, I must focus on making a full recovery.”

Princess Catherine is unlikely to appear in public for the rest of 2024 amid cancer treatment. Picture: Supplied.

Buckingham Palace has remained tight-lipped over when the Princess would be making public appearances again, with a royal source claiming she may not be seen again this year.

“Lots of people involved in planning need to know what all the principals are doing a long way in advance. I am told that Kate’s diary for this year is empty. There is nothing planned. She may not appear in public for the rest of the year,” the source told Daily Beast.

Kate’s last official public appearance was on Christmas morning, as she joined members of the royal family to walk to church at Sandringham.

She was spotted with William at a farm shop by a member of the public just days before the announcement of her cancer diagnosis.

The Princess of Wales has shared an update on a “special” project she’s involved in.

The Prince and Princess of Wales posted a trailer to a short film which highlights the mental health challenges faced by British farmers.

“This #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek we’ve brought together the inspirational Sam Stables from We Are Farming Minds and the brilliant Farmer Will for a very special film,” the royal couple posted on X.

The film was reportedly produced under the guidance of Princess Catherine and Prince William.

It’s the first major update on a project since the Princess of Wales announced she had been diagnosed with cancer.

Royal Commentator Angela Levin said “one hopes” this “marks the beginning” of the Princess returning to royal duties.

The source said Catherine, 42, could release another video updating followers of the royal family on her health, after initially doing so to quell relentless theories about her wellbeing.

“I would not rule out another video message updating the country on her health. That proved to be a very effective way of keeping the conspiracy theorists at bay,” the source said.

“The key thing for her now is avoiding any kind of stress or anxiety and just getting on with the business of getting better. They will bail out and be off to Sandringham the moment school breaks up.”

A fellow parent at the school Kate and William’s children attend said there had been rumours the Princess of Wales had done a drop-off.

SkyNews.com.au Digital Reporter Reilly Sullivan says a Kensington Palace official has confirmed Princess Kate is “being updated” on her causes.

“Kensington Palace Official he prefaced what he had to say by saying look obviously Kate’s return to duties is completely contingent on her doctors and her wellbeing and they’re not going to rush anything,” Mr Sullivan told Sky News Digital Presenter Gabriella Power.

“He did say that Kate is still being updated on her causes in particular as Princess of Wales Kate has really championed early childhood development.”

“I haven’t seen her since the video,” the parent told Daily Beast. “We all feel very protective of her. Ask anyone at the school – they’re amazing parents.”

The source’s comments on Catherine’s unlikely royal return this year come after a friend told The Mail’s Richard Eden the focus was on her recovery.

“No one wants to put any pressure on Catherine. The only thing that matters at the moment is her getting better. She has been through an ordeal this year,” the friend said.

“It’s a reflection of Her Royal Highness’s importance to the future of the Monarchy that she has been given as much time as she needs.

“As Sovereign, His Majesty is in a very different position from the Princess of Wales. There is no need for her to be seen while she’s recovering.”

Loading embed…

Latest article