The No. 5 Purdue Boilermakers (27-5, 15-5 Big Ten) bring a three-game win streak into a home matchup with the Ohio State Buckeyes (16-18, 5-15 Big Ten), who have won three straight as well. The contest begins at 1:00 PM ET (on CBS) on Saturday, March 11, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Boilermakers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Buckeyes ( ).
The betting trends in the following article reference odds valid as of March 11, 2023 at 1:38 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus up to $1,250!
Purdue vs Ohio State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Purdue Offense Vs. Ohio State Defense
|Purdue Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ohio State Defense|
|73.1 (141)||Points/Gm||68.6 (133)|
|31.8 (288)||Possessions/Game||35.9 (270)|
|46.1 (84)||Field Goal %||42.6 (95)|
|32.8 (258)||3PT %||31.7 (61)|
|52.4 (103)||Effective FG %||48.5 (87)|
|56.9 (67)||True Shooting %||51.9 (69)|
Ohio State Offense Vs. Purdue Defense
|Ohio State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Purdue Defense|
|72.7 (156)||Points/Gm||62.6 (20)|
|35.9 (88)||Possessions/Game||31.8 (72)|
|46.3 (70)||Field Goal %||41.6 (49)|
|36.6 (61)||3PT %||31.2 (42)|
|52.1 (119)||Effective FG %||47 (37)|
|55.4 (123)||True Shooting %||49.3 (8)|
Best Betting Sites For Purdue vs Ohio State
£10 in Free Bets
this week if you bet £25 on trebles, accumulators and Bet Builder bets*
NFL & NBA Specials
£10 in Free Bets Weekly
To Claim: Click Play Now
100% Up to $200 On Deposit
$10 Casino Bonus
To Claim: Click Play Now
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue has won 12 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 20 times.
- The Boilermakers have been favored by 8 points or more 16 times this season, and covered the spread in six of those contests.
- So far this season, 14 out of Purdue’s 32 games have gone over the point total.
- In 18 of 32 games this season, the Boilermakers and their opponents have scored more than 134 points.
- Purdue has an average total of 135.6 in its contests this year, 1.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Ohio State Betting Insights
- Ohio State is 14-20-0 ATS this season.
- The Buckeyes have not covered the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year (in one opportunity).
- So far this year, 17 out of Ohio State’s 34 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Buckeyes have combined with their opponent to score more than 134 points in 22 of 34 games this season.
- Ohio State has a 141.4-point average over/under in its contests this season, 7.4 more points than this game’s point total.
Purdue Key Players
- Zach Edey leads the Boilermakers in scoring (21.7 points per game) and rebounding (12.8 rebounds per game).
- Braden Smith paces the squad with 4.2 assists per game.
- Fletcher Loyer hits 1.7 treys per game to lead the Boilermakers.
- Smith leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Edey collects 2.2 blocks a contest to pace Purdue.
Ohio State Key Players
- The Buckeyes leader in scoring is Brice Sensabaugh with 16.3 points per game. He also adds 5.4 rebounds per game and 1.2 assists per game.
- The Ohio State leaders in rebounds and assists are Zed Key (7.5 rebounds per game) and Isaac Likekele (2.7 assists per game).
- Sensabaugh makes more threes per game than any other member of the Buckeyes, cashing in 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on Ohio State grabs more steals than Bruce Thornton (0.9 per game) or blocks more shots than Felix Okpara (1.3 per game).