New York Knicks (33-20) vs. Houston Rockets (23-29)
February 12, 2024 8:00 pm EDT
The Line: Houston Rockets +4.5; Over/Under: +221
(Get latest betting odds)
The New York Knicks need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. The Houston Rockets are riding a 4-game losing streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets prediction.
New York Knicks Betting Preview
The New York Knicks are coming off losses to the Mavericks and Pacers. The New York Knicks are averaging 115 points on 46.8 percent shooting and allowing 109.9 points on 47.1 percent shooting. Jalen Brunson is averaging 27.5 points and 3.9 rebounds, while Julius Randle is averaging 24 points and 9.2 rebounds. Alec Burks is the third double-digit scorer and OG Anunoby is grabbing 4.6 rebounds. The New York Knicks are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 78.9 percent from the free throw line. The New York Knicks are allowing 36.8 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 46 rebounds per game.
Houston Rockets Betting Preview
The Houston Rockets lost to the Timberwolves, Pacers, Raptors, and Hawks during this streak. The Houston Rockets are averaging 113.5 points on 46.3 percent shooting and allowing 112.8 points on 46 percent shooting. Alperen Sengun is averaging 21.3 points and 9.3 rebounds, while Jalen Green is averaging 18.3 points and 4.9 rebounds. Fred VanVleet is the third double-digit scorer and Dillon Brooks is grabbing 3.3 rebounds. The Houston Rockets are shooting 35.2 percent from beyond the arc and 77.7 percent from the free throw line. The Houston Rockets are allowing 34.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.6 rebounds per game.
Houston Rockets Team Facts
- The Rockets have lost each of their last 10 games as underdogs against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Rockets have covered the spread in each of their last five home games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Each of the Rockets’ last seven Monday games as underdogs have gone OVER the total points line.
New York Knicks Team Facts
- The Knicks have won each of their last 10 night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Knicks have covered the spread in each of their last six games as road favorites following a home loss.
- Six of the Knicks’ last seven games as road favorites have gone UNDER the total points line.
New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets prediction
The Houston Rockets continue to pile up the losses, and they’re just not a team I’m excited to back in their current form. The New York Knicks will have Brunson back for this one, and there’s a chance Hartenstein returns as well. The Knicks have been winning and covering machines for a while when they’re healthy. The line is reasonable. Give me the Knicks and the reasonable line.